Friday 21 June 2013

Entry 26: I Have Not Forgotten You!

Dear blogians/blogites/friends/family/loved ones… I just want to let you know I have not forgotten about my blog! I know it's been a few weeks since I last did post, and to tell you the truth I have written a number of times things that I wanted to put on here. However as I continued to write, there was more to put down.

I guess I also ended up having a slight crisis of TMI – I always write knowing my friends, my family and anybody who knows me who could avoid me in the street may well read it. I therefore bear this in mind and so only write about things I'm willing to properly discuss face-to-face. I think it would be a different case if it was purely strangers who I felt were reading my blog. There may be a no holds barred, share everything down to the last grisly detail if it was just the strangers. But that's the thing with the Internet, you never know who is watching! I'm fairly certain I would be shocked if I knew exactly who was reading this.

Anyway, I just wanted to let all of my lovely people out there who have helped me reach over 5100 hits :-) that I am continuing to 'share life in a chair'– it's just working out what to put in and what to leave out simply because there's been so much!

Next week I will put a proper blog on, catching you up with the overall craziness that is chair-life, but for now I just want to say a very very big thank you to everyone out there who supported the 'Just One Day In a Wheelchair' challenge (see previous blogs), we have raised nearly £900 for the Backup Trust.The fundraising continues, as the Just Giving Page is still open and online, although the challenge of spending a day in a wheelchair was  taken up by two people and when I have asked again no one else came forward. I hope that means that people realised the enormousy of how much their lives could be affected and that even just one day to try it out would greatly impact on everything they do day-to-day. It's all about Raising Awareness (as well as the money obviously) and if we've got people thinking then that's Mission Accomplished as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment